Discussion: View Thread

AoM 2023 Caucus on The Study of Work in and Around Organizations

• 1.  AoM 2023 Caucus on The Study of Work in and Around Organizations

Posted 07-19-2023 10:50

Dear Colleagues,

(apologies for cross-posting)

I hope you are having a good summer.

I would like to invite you to A Caucus on The Study of Work in and Around Organizations.

The caucus is taking place on Sunday August 06, 06:00 PM - 07:30 PM in Maverick B, Hilton

The caucus aims to foster a collective conversation among those exploring-or interested in doing so-work as a topic in AOM. Unlike the typical PDWs or symposiums, this is a more informal session in which participants can talk more symmetrically with each other.

The caucus stems from a PDW last year which focused on Approaches to the Study of Work (you can listen to the presentations at the Talking about Organizations Podcast: https://www.talkingaboutorganizations.com/93-approaches-to-the-study-of-work-classics-aom-pdw-live/).  It is particularly relevant for those doing meso-level research and interested in getting close to the coalface to examine how people get their job done.

We will start with a round of introductions where participants can share a short overview of their research and thus get a sense of current scholarship in this area. We will then discuss a series of questions in roundtables, including the following ones:

• What is distinctive about studying work? Which theories, mechanisms, and outcomes are central to the study of work in and around organizations?
    • What are the known unknowns in this research area? What could research explore further?
    • What are the potential synergies across sub-areas, methods, datasets, etc.?
    • What is our collective contribution to current broader debates in management and AOM?

You do not need to sign up (you can just show up). But to make planning easier, I would appreciate it if you could RSVP to the following invitation. You can also share any questions or topics you would like the group to discuss at the session.

https://forms.gle/YYWdHhaS95SYTTHY7

Best,

Pedro

------------------------------
    Pedro Monteiro
    Assistant Professor
    Copenhagen Business School
    Copenhagen
    ------------------------------