2021 student invitation email
Calling all graduate students! Are you interested in the fields of management, organization theory, and/or organizational behavior? Do you read Administrative Science Quarterly? Do you hope to publish your work there one day?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, we have an opportunity for you. Since 2013, the ASQ Student Blog has provided a behind-the-scenes look at published articles. The blog consists primarily of interviews with authors of recent research published in ASQ. To help young scholars build relationships across the field, all interviews are conducted by graduate students. Our hope is that these interviews increase reader engagement with ASQ articles, and build community among ASQ authors and readers (that includes you!).
We're looking to recruit new student interviewers. The process is simple, the time commitment is minimal, and the reward is potentially significant (in the form of both knowledge and new professional ties). Here's what it entails:
1) Fill out this form to become a contributor to the ASQ blog.
2) Follow the instructions in this sheet to sign up for an available article for an interview.
3) Recruit another student to work with you on drafting the interview questions. We can facilitate the matching process if you'd prefer, just let us know via email.
4) Read the article you've been assigned, and work with your co-interviewer to draft 5 questions (usually 2 content related and 2 process related and 1 that is a variant of "what should we have asked you, but did not?"; see the blog for a possible template, but also feel free to get creative).
5) Reach out to the authors of your article to see if they'd be willing to participate (again, we're happy to help facilitate this part of the process).
6) Follow up with the authors and send their responses to us as soon as you're able.
7) Enjoy the fruits of your labor and see your interview in (virtual) print!
That's it! If you'd like to participate, please fill out the form or email us at ASQblog@gmail.com to get the ball rolling. Also, feel free to forward this invitation to your student colleagues - and don't forget to check out the blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
The ASQ Blog Editorial Team
ASQ Blog organizers:
Abraham Oshotse (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Luke Hedden (email@example.com)
Yun Ha Cho (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Maggie Cascadden (email@example.com)
Danielle Bovenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org)